– Scott McCartney, “Middle Seat” columnist for The Wall Street Journal, and Ed Perkins, contributing editor at SmarterTravel.com, discuss the effects of the upcoming Continental/United merger;
– Gregor Williams, St. Lucia historian, helps us uncover the the island’s unique history and tells us where visitors can get a taste of St.Lucia’s culture;
– Eve Brown-Waite, author of First Comes Love, Then Comes Malaria: How a Peace Corps Poster Boy Won My Heart and a Third World Adventure Changed My Life, recounts her experiences in in Uganda and elsewhere in Africa;
– Robbie Skeete, head chef at Caribbean Pirates Restaurant, talks about traditional dishes and unique foods in St. Lucia and what you need to try when you visit;
– George Hobica, founder of AirfareWatchDog.com, answers our questions about airline consolidation and what it means for consumers.
– Julie Johnsson, staff reporter for the Chicago Tribune, gives us analysis and background on the United/Continental merger and shares a Chicagoan perspective of the new mega-carrier;
– Johnny Jet, founder of JohnnyJet.com, shares his top travel Web sites of the week;
– Harvey Millar, musician and teacher, talks about the music of the island and the upcoming St. Lucia Jazz Festival
– Mary Childs, Treasuries reporter for Bloomberg News, shares the latest regarding the riots in Greece and the threat to tourism;
– Olivette Wallace, St.Lucian artist, paints a picture of the island and explains how to discover it creatively;
– Kurt Pitzer and Bobby Egan, authors of Eating with the Enemy: How I Waged Peace with North Korea from My BBQ Shack in Hackensack, explains how Egan was able to use food to insert himself in diplomatic relations between the U.S. and North Korea.
Call in with your travel questions at 1-888-88-PETER (1-888-887-3837), or email email@example.com. (Write “ASK PETER” in the subject line.)
For previous shows, please visit our radio archives.
To listen to Peter’s previous show (from 2009) from St. Lucia, click here: