Fall means creative travel bargains in popular destinations as properties test out different end-of-year packages and promotions. From girlfriend getaways, tennis weekends, wine-and dine packages and European cruises, your last vacation of the year has the potential to be the most interesting.
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa in St. Lucia is inviting all girlfriends to their “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” package, which includes all meals, drinks and snacks from the resort’s four restaurants and six bars. The getaway also includes two spa treatments, daily fitness classes, an intro to kitesurfing or windsurfing, mixology classes and much more. Rates start at $136 per person, per night based on double occupancy. To book your stay call (877) 352-8898 or visit them online.
- Break out your tennis whites and head to Bermuda for the Fairmont Southampton’s “Ace Tennis” package. Now through December 3, the package includes accommodations, daily continental breakfast, tennis court rental, a one-hour tennis lesson, tennis racket rental and 15 percent off tennis attire at the tennis shop. With rates starting at $442, you can book on their website or by calling (441) 238-8000.
- 3. Ranked one of Sunset Magazine’s “10 Hideaways by the Sea,” the Timber Cove Inn in Sonoma County, California is offering travelers a wine and dine package. Rates start at $284 per night, based on double occupancy, and include accommodations, two complimentary glasses of Sonoma Coast wine, two entrees of your choice and breakfast for two. For reservations call (707) 847-3231 or visit their website.
- If you’re still looking for a Thanksgiving getaway with value, head to Myrtle Beach to the Anderson Ocean Club. Their Thanksgiving package includes discounted accommodations for an ocean-view studio, breakfast for two each morning at Grand Central Restaurant, and a Thanksgiving buffet for two in the Grand Central Restaurant at Patricia Grand. The package is offered November 23-27, 2011 and rates start at $126.95 per night (taxes and fees not included) and a two-night minimum stay is required. Click here to book online or call (866) 544-2585 for more information.
- European river cruise company AMAWATERWAYS is offering travelers a special seven night cruise along the Rhine River on their MS AmaCello. The cruise begins in Amsterdam, guests will visit the majestic Cologne Cathedral, the historic town of Heidelberg, Strasbourg and an excursion into the Black Forest region. Concluding their trip in Switzerland, with a lake-side extrusion. Departure dates are on November 19-26, starting at $899 per person, plus $133 for port charges. Upgrades are available and the first five booking receive a free upgrade to category C or better depending upon availability. Book your trip online here.
Are you ending 2011 with a creative vacation? Tell Peter where you’re going in the comments…