With October just around the corner, we are in the thick of the shoulder season. It’s the bargain-friendly time of year in between the summer and winter high seasons. This shoulder season you can surf it up in California, hit the slopes in Vermont, or extend your summer vacation with a trip to the Caribbean.
- See the Caribbean and Jamaica with these awesome sightseeing deals through Island Routes and Bookit.com. Explore the culture, beauty, and natural resources that these island destinations have to offer. Tours and excursions in Jamaica’s Montego Bay include, sugarcane juice and rum tasting, swimming with the dolphins, golfing and much more. Prices start at $290/night for select hotels and $75 for tours. For more information call (877) 768-8370 or visit their website.
- Experience a new culture and enjoy all Turkey has to offer with this exciting excursion from Friendly Planet Travel. Find out what it’s really like with the “Taste of Turkey” package, including an 8-day tour with optional extensions starting at $1,199. Explore cities like, Istanbul, Kusadasi and Pergamon, taking in the Mediterranean beaches, city landscapes, and seaside towns. Airfare from JFK, IAD or ORD to Istanbul via Turkish Airlines is also included. Available until October 12 for the following departure dates: January 18 and February 1, 2012. For more information visit their website.
- Pull out your skies and take in the beautiful mountain views this winter in places all over North America. With more than 150 locations to choose from, Liftopia offers a wide selection of ski lift tickets, as well as rentals, lessons, and other snow activities. You can save up to 91% on some lift tickets, including deals in Utah, starting at $63 or Colorado two-day packages for $95.99. Purchase your tickets online at their website.
- Interested in hitting the greens or testing out your skills on the snowy mountains? Groupon and Expedia are offering getaways up to 50% off on 4-night stays for ski and golf packages in the U.S. and Canada. Play a round of golf at the PGA National Resort in Palm Springs, Florida or ski in Stowe Mountain Lodge in Stowe, Vermont for $202 per week, including breakfast for two, valet parking and a complimentary bottle of champagne. Valid now until December 22. For more deals visit their website.
- The entire bed and breakfast industry is honoring military men and women who have served by offering free-stays on Thursday November 10, 2011 in honor of Veteran’s Day on November 11, 2011. Wake up in a beautiful B&B in both Canada and the U.S. with complimentary rooms for vets and one guest. For a complete list of Canadian inns and B&Bs participating in the vets program, visit this website. Or for more information check out this website. Sign up directly with participating inns and B&Bs.
- With the return of football and the inevitable departure of men from all other weekend activities, it’s time for the ladies to discover what it’s like to truly be a California girl. Portofino Hotel & Yacht Club in Redondo Beach, Ca., is offering the “Wish They Could All Be California Girls” package. Starting at $349/night, women can grab their girlfriends and enjoy some much-needed girl talk while exploring the California beaches, surf, and sun. Available until December 31. For more information visit their website.
- It’s time to experience the “city of light” and now you can travel to Paris from Los Angeles for $399 each way. Book a ticket on Air Tahiti Nui’s LAX-CDG route before October 5 for travel from November through March, and take advantage of this deal. Book by calling 1.877.824.4846, or by visiting this site. Also be sure to take advantage of KAYAK.com. The cofounders of Expedia, Travelocity and Orbitz started KAYAK in 2004 to offer a different approach to the travel marketplace online. Find deals on the 5 best “Buzz Fares” flying out of major cities like, Los Angeles, Chicago and Atlanta. Book your flight today by clicking here.