Peter is broadcasting his radio show this Saturday from the MGM Grand at Foxwoods Resort Casino in Mashantucket, Connecticut.
Call in with your burning travel questions at 1-888-88-PETER (1-888-887-3837), or email Peter at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Write “ASK PETER” in the subject line so it doesn’t get rejected by our spam filters.)
Featured guests include:
– Paul Theroux, author of Ghost Train To The Eastern Star: On the Tracks of the Great Railway Bazaar, talking to Peter about the state of travel, his book and his next adventure;
– Diane Smith, host of All Things Connecticut on PBS, telling us what to see and do while visiting the state;
– Dave Schwartz, director of the Center for Gaming Research at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, talking about why it’s in our nature to gamble;
– Beth Whitman, founder of WanderlustAndLipstick.com, discussing the “Ugly American” stereotype and how we can beat it;
– Hugo Martin, business writer for the Los Angeles Times, talking about his series “Snapshots from the Recession” and why Hollywood is hurting;
– Lori Potter, member of the Mashantucket Pequot tribal nation, discussing her heritage and her connection with the casino;
– Chris Santella, author of Once in a Lifetime Trips, telling us why there are trips suitable for everyone, even in these dark economic times;
– Beth Collins, associate editor at Budget Travel magazine, giving us a breakdown of one-tank escapes for seven cities;
– J. Maarten Troost, author of Lost on Planet China, on why we need to take another look at China;
– Bill Faude, author and former curator of the Mark Twain House, with facts and figures about Connecticut that you won’t believe;
– Arika Okrent, author of In the Land of Invented Languages, telling us what it’s like to know all 900 of the invented languages in existence.
You can listen to the show streaming live on WLWI 1440 AM, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the East Coast, 9 a.m. to noon Central Time, and 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. on the West Coast.