The following is an excerpt from Peter’s book, The Complete Travel Detective Bible. Check it out …
Since I’m an advocate of purchasing travel insurance, people are always coming up to me and asking, “Why?”
Which is why I’ve come up with my list of the top 10 situations in which travel insurance can come in handy.
- Your flight has been canceled.
- Your bags are lost and your medication is in them. You need to have an emergency prescription filled.
- Your passport and wallet are stolen, and you need emergency cash and a replacement passport.
- You’re involved in an accident, and adequate medical treatment is not available.
- You need medical evacuation*.
- You need to cancel your trip due to illness.
- Your cruise line, airline or tour operator goes bankrupt. You need to have your non-refundable expenses covered and to get to your destination.
- A terrorist incident occurs in the city where you’re planning to visit, and you want to cancel your trip.
- A hurricane forces you to evacuate our resort, hotel or cruise ship.
- And last but not least, it’s simply worth the extra few dollars to ensure your peace of mind. Trust me, it will make the days leading up to your trip and throughout your travels a little less stressful.
*[Ed.- Often requires more specialized medical evacuation insurance]
Want more information? Read more from our Travel Insurance category.
Excerpted from Peter’s book, The Complete Travel Detective Bible.
Pick up The Complete Travel Detective Bible from Amazon, Barnes & Noble or an independent retailer near you …
You can also check out more excerpts from The Complete Travel Detective Bible.