The Essentials

Driving Overseas?

Do you plan to drive overseas? 

If so, you need to know that there are some countries that require an international driving permit. 

If you’re visiting Canada or Mexico, your state drivers license will suffice. 

But if you’re heading to countries like Spain or Greece, each requires an international permit. 

Other countries demand the permit as well. And the key is to get that permit before you leave home.  

For the moment, AAA is the only entity that issues the permit in the US. And you’ll need to supply two passport-size photos, pay a $20 fee, and then you’re good to go. 

The good news is you don’t need to be a member of AAA to use the service.