On Saturday, June 5, Peter broadcasts his radio show from the Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel in Mammoth Hot Springs, WY, in Yellowstone National Park.
Featured guests from the show include:
– George Hobica, founder of Airfarewatchdog.com, discussing the DOT’s proposed flight bumping rules;
– Jennifer Conrad, supervisory park ranger in Yellowstone’s Division of Interpretation, describing the key ingredients that combined to create Mammoth Hot Springs;
– Dr. Wendy Walsh, television journalist and author, talking about staying connected while traveling and texting etiquette;
– Suzanne Lewis, superintendent of Yellowstone National Park, describing how the park is working to be even greener by minimizing the impact of visitors;
– Patrick Smith, author of the Ask the Pilot column on Salon.com, analyzing the recent plane crashes in Libya and India;
– Beth Pratt, director of environmental affairs of Yellowstone National Park, dishing about sustainable cuisine and steps that keep Yellowstone tourism green;
– Anne Banas, executive editor for SmarterTravel.com, announcing the 2010 SmarterTravel Editors’ Choice Award Winners for customer service;
– Don Baldwin, director of Fuel Efficient Truck Tires, giving tips to motorists on how to “green” their summer road trips;
– Robert Reid, US Travel Editor for Lonely Planet, suggesting ways that families can bond while traveling.
– Jim Evanoff, environmental protection specialist at Yellowstone National Park, listing the specific steps Yellowstone is taking to reduce visitor trash;
– Chuck Koob, former chairman of the Yellowstone Park Foundation, talking about the foundation’s mission and function.
Call in with your travel questions at 1-888-88-PETER (1-888-887-3837), or email email@example.com. (Write “ASK PETER” in the subject line.)
For previous shows, please visit our radio archives.
Get destination information and learn what the locals love about Yellowstone with our Ask the Locals Travel Guide: Yellowstone National Park.
Listen to the show online: