This week marks the one-year anniversary of the tragic Costa Concordia accident. Peter sat down with five survivors to talk about what happened that night. The passengers paint a vivid picture of the chaos that ensued as the ship sank: lines for life boat, parents being separated from children, passengers rappelling between decks, and survivors holding onto ropes for hours just to survive.
It’s not just the past. Today, on CBS This Morning Peter looks at how the accident has shaped the survivors’ lives and reports on new cruise ship safety rules and the continuing Costa Concordia investigation and trial.
For more about the Costa Concordia, check out:
- Our news report on the Costa Concordia Pretrial: The Blame Game Beings
- Travel Detective Blog: Marine Salvage and the Costa Concordia
- Nicole Coward’s look at The Legal ABCs of the Costa Concordia
- No One Should Have Died: A Passenger Account of the Costa Concordia
- Peter Travel Detective Blog, Beyond the Headlines of the Costa Concordia