2012 ended with winter storms, which means the 2013 ski season is already off to a great start. From Lake Tahoe to Lake Placid, we’ve got ski deals to get you zipping down some of our country’s best mountains.
Stay Longer, Save More in Lake Placid
At the Four Diamond Mirror Lake Inn Resort and Spa in snowy Lake Placid, you can save more the longer you stay. The resort has packages that let you save the longer you ski. Skiers hit the slopes at Whiteface Mountain which has 2.1 miles of intermediate trails plus the greatest vertical drop in the east. You first night rate includes accommodations in a Noonmark Room and a lift ticket to Whiteface Mountain. One night rates start at $165 during the week and go up to $207 on weekend. But, if you stay three nights, rates drop to $150 a weekday night, $190 on the weekend. To book, contact the reservation department at 518-523-2544.
In Colorado at Arapahoe Basin, every Sunday is January is the Super Sunday Special designed to introduce new skiers to the slopes. The package includes lift ticket, rental and a half-day lesson in the morning. Rates starts at $99 for adults and $79 for children. An additional lesson can be purchased for $59. Book online or at the mountain.
Family Skiing in Lake Tahoe
Aston Lakeland Village has family deals on skiing and accommodations: Stay Sunday through Thursday nights in a one-bedroom Pinegrove Townhome starting from $229 per night, including breakfast, two adult and two child lift tickets to Sierra-at-Tahoe. Ski Friday through Saturday and get a one-bedroom from $279 per night plus two adult and two child lift tickets. This deal is available January 2 – April 14, 2013 and do not include taxes and fees. Rates are subject to change without notice and are based on availability. Blackout dates and other restrictions may apply. For reservations or more information, visit Aston Lakeland Village online.
Snow has been falling on the East Coast and in Vermont, Okemo Mountain Resort has reinvented the white sale with three January lift-ticket promotions. If you buy you lift tickets online, 48 hours in advance, these three deals are possible:
- Kidd Rock Free: If an adult pre-purchases a full-price lift ticket between now and January 18, they get one free Junior or Young Adult ticket for the same day. If you miss out on this promotion, remember free lift tickets are available for all children 6 and younger at Okemo.
- Two-Day Weekend Warrior: On January 5-6 and January 12-13, you can purchase a multi-day weekend lift ticket for $99 for two full days of skiing.
- Lift and Lunch: If you pre-purchase a full-price, single-day lift ticket, on Monday through Friday between January 2 and February 1, (excluding January 21) you can get a $15 lunch coupon.
New England Ski & Stay
It’s peak ski season but there are still deals to be found. Mount Snow Resort in Vermont has savings all through the month of January:
- On Sunday, January 6, kids 6-18 can pay their age for a lift ticket. From January 6-11 and January 14-18, there will be parties and free events for the college crowd, with a five-day ski-and-stay package from $279 per person.
- January 20-25 is Kids Learn and Ski Free Week with three to five days of free lift tickets and lessons for kids 4-12 with each adult purchase.
- Last, not not least, you can ski Mount Snow midweek all season from $85 per person for overnight accommodations and a lift ticket.
For more information, visit Mount Snow online.
For more travel deals, check out:
- Deals of the Week: Book Now, Save Later
- Travel Deals: Find the Best Winter Savings in Cold Climates
- Our Daily Travel Deals and Travel Deals archives
- The Budget Travel section
By Lily J. Kosner for PeterGreenberg.com