With fall around the corner, this could be a great opportunity to soak in the fall foliage as it begins to transform colors in states like Colorado and Texas. Whether you’re looking for something nice and relaxing or fun and adventurous, don’t miss out on these offers…start planning now.
1) Get together with your girlfriends before the season begins and escape to the La Torretta Lake Resort on Lake Conroe in Texas. La Torretta is offering guests a getaway from the fantasy football craze at home. Check in for $365 per night, for The ‘Fantasy Football Widows’ package. The rate includes a luxury suite, a kick-off margaritas upon arrival, mani/pedi service, a three-course dinner at Chez Roux and wine-tasting for two. There’s a two-night minimum stay. Call (936) 448-4400 or visit their website for more details.
2) Experience the changing seasons at The Little Nell in Aspen, Colorado. Guests have the chance to participate in outdoor adventures like fly fishing and shotgun shooting lessons. If you’re a cyclists, you can take advantage of the uncrowded roads. Stay two nights during October and November and receive the third night for free. Colorado residents are eligible to stay for $185 per night and Roaring Fork Valley residents for $165 per night. All rates include parking. Call (970) 920-4600 or visit their website for more information.
3) Indulge in a spa vacation this fall. The Lakeway Resort and Spa is offering the third night for free after a two-night stay! Located just 18 miles northwest of downtown Austin, Texas, Lakeway Resort and Spa features three swimming pools, luxurious spa treatments, water sport activities and championship golf courses. This package is valid for stays between September 5 to December 31. Use code 3RDFREE. Or how about tee off for two? The resort is home to one of the largest golf courses in Austin. It has a 18 holes of golf per person deal at its Live Oak Golf Course or Yaupon Golf Course. There’s a golf special that includes two buckets of balls for the driving range and breakfast for two at Travis Restaurant, rates vary. Book your trip by calling (800) 525-3929 or online here.
4) Seniors looking to travel, check out the Red Roof Inn for senior discounts. In honor of September Grandparents’ Month, the inn is offering15 percent off any participating Red Roof hotel for those 50 and above. Reservations are available online at www.redroof.com , by phone, or at any Red Roof location. Don’t forget to provide the promo code #607564. Red Roof has 345 inns in 36 states and the District of Columbia.
By Mary Pham for PeterGreeenberg.com
- Travel Deals: Last Minute Labor Day and New Fall Adventures
- Budget Travel section
- Travel Deals section