Peter is known as the contrarian traveler, eschewing glossy brochures and lovely destinations for hard travel news.
Knowing that, it may seem ironic that he was in Santa Barbara, California, this past week, a coastal destination known for its beautiful natural scenery and glitzy mansions.
But Peter was in town to give the keynote address at the Santa Barbara Conference and Visitors Bureau’s annual luncheon, sharing his perspective on the travel industry today, his disgust over nickel-and-diming schemes, and what travelers really want out of their destination.
Read more about his eye-opening speech in the Santa Barbara Indepedent: Tourism Trends Roasted Over Chicken & Sorbet
Santa Barbara links on PeterGreenberg.com:
- Wildfire Stunts Tourism in Santa Barbara
- One-Tank Trips: Los Angeles to Santa Barbara
- Suzy Gershman’s Postcard: Santa Barbara Shopping
Travel & Tourism Analysis on PeterGreenberg.com:
- Peter’s Travel Detective Blog
- The Toughest Job in the Middle East: Minister of Tourism
- Foreign Tourism to USA Down: Can Travel Promotion Act Save the Day?
- Travel Promotion Act Now Law: Will It Help or Hurt International Travel?
- Reviving Brand America & International Tourism
- Some Destinations Actually Faring Well in Economic Slump
- Deciphering Misleading Travel Brochures