Wondering how you can bypass baggage fees? Independent Traveler editor Sarah Schlichter offers seven different ways to do it.
Find out why one of the original founders of Hotels.com, Bob Diener, is now recommending that you pick up the phone went you want to reserve a hotel room.
Plus, the hills are alive with the sound of destination advice: We’ve got a slew of high-profile, in-the-know locals to help you find what’s really unique about the city, including: Salzburg’s current governor, Gabi Burgstaller; celebrated local chef Sepp Schellhorn; arts patron and scion of one of the city’s most prominent families, Michael Berger-Sandhofer; and even Georg Steinitz, the Austrian former assistant to Robert Wise during the filming of The Sound of Music, a movie which has forever changed the city’s international image.
You hear all of this and much more when Peter broadcasts his radio show from the Hotel Goldener Hirsch in Salzburg, Austria.
– Sarah Schlichter, editor for Independent Traveler, filling us in on seven smart ways to bypass baggage fees;
– Gabi Burgstaller, governor of Salzburg, outlining her vision for transportation and tourism in her city and what first-time visitors can expect, as well as some local surprises;
– Bob Diener, founder of Hotels.com, talking about his newest online venture, GetARoom.com and why it still makes sense to pick up the phone when looking for a hotel room;
– Michael Berger-Sandhofer, president of the Patrons of the Easter Festival and local music enthusiast, explaining the importance of classical music to the history of the city of Salzburg and where you can hear it live locally;
– Michael Boyd, president of aviation consulting firm Boyd Group International, offering airline industry predictions and giving a preview of major fleet changes and route realignments that are headed our way;
– Chef Sepp Schellhorn, chef of celebrated Restaurant M32 at the Museum De Moderne Art and president of the Austrian Hotelier Association, taking us on journey through Salzburg’s culinary scene;
– Georg Steinitz, local journalist and TV host, as well as the assistant director on The Sound of Music, telling us what makes Salzburg special, from stories about the making of the iconic film to recommendations on can’t-miss attractions in the city;
– Jennifer Conlin of The New York Times sharing tips from her recent story about how to get your own slice of Prince William’s upcoming royal wedding in London;
– Stefan Herzl, owner of Salzburg Panorama Tours providing an overview of the hugely popular Sound of Music-themed tours;
– Daniel Seddiqui, author of 50 Jobs in 50 States: One Man’s Journey Of Discovery Across America, explaining the inspiration behind his journey through each state and what he learned about the USA in the process.
As always, Peter will be taking your calls and answering your travel problems on the air! Call in with your travel questions at 1-888-88-PETER (1-888-887-3837) or email email@example.com. (Write “ASK PETER” in the subject line.)
For more on Peter’s broadcast location, check out the Web site of the Hotel Goldener Hirsch.