An Insider's Guide to Travel: News, Tips, Information & Inspiration


Legal Forms for Traveling Kids

Share on: Share on Google+

Sending your child on a plane trip is not as easy as simply buying the ticket. There are legal documents involved, and it can be confusing to find the right forms.

Here are some helpful resources.

The State Department’s travel Web site offers some information for children traveling solo or with one parent, but it’s not the most user-friendly resource out there.

Instead, check out a site called

This site is designed for different types of travel, and divides forms into categories such as children traveling solo, with a single parent, relative or family friend, or those traveling on a school-sponsored trip.

Each form will cost you about $17, and can be customized with a photo of your child, medical information and emergency contacts.

And also can help you create your own legal form for traveling children, which you just have to get signed and stamped by a notary public.

Looking for more advice? Click here for more Free Daily Travel Tips.