Has the TSA devolved into security theater? Peter will chat with aviation analyst Mike Boyd on the Rube Goldberg-like methodology of the folks who are supposed to protect us.
Want to know a travel planner’s tricks to saving money? Learn from an expert who made a career out of negotiating deals for travelers.
And families, listen up. Peter will sit down with a Florida-certified master naturalist about how kids can enjoy hands-on, interactive experiences with live critters in the Nature’s Wonders sanctuary.
Tune in January 8, 2011 to hear all this and more as Peter broadcasts his radio show from the Ritz-Carlton, Naples in Naples, Florida.
Call in with your travel questions at 1-888-88-PETER (1-888-887-3837) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. (Write “ASK PETER” in the subject line.)
Featured guests include:
- Mike Boyd, president of Boyd Group International, forecasting where we are heading with the TSA’s “security theater”;
- Derin Moore, executive chef for Ritz-Carlton, Naples, talking about his favorite menu items and local foods you must try;
- Everett Potter, editor-in-chief of Everett Potter’s Travel Report, listing some of the nation’s worst tarmac delays on record;
- Brian Holley, executive director of Naples Botanical Gardens, describing the history of the gardens creation and its recently completed renovation;
- Simon Talling-Smith, executive vice president of British Airways, Americas, giving his analysis of the state of the American airline industry;
- Dan Summers, director of the Collier County Bureau of Emergency Services, updating us on results of the BP oil spill and how Naples avoided environmental damage;
- Jim Krane, reporter for the Associated Press and author of City of Gold: Dubai and the Dream of Capitalism, discussing how Dubai is changing the Arab world;
- Rick Cruz, guide and co-owner of Swamp Explorers, chatting about the experience of walking through a swamp and the critters that live there;
- Lisa Morris, founder and president of Road Concierge, sharing helpful tips for individual travelers and revealing money-saving tips that anyone can employ the next time they travel;
- Chris Desmond, founder and director of the 10,000 Islands Dolphin Project, updating us on the ongoing research projects and how you can participate;
- Tina Ruggiero, nutritionist and author of The Best Homemade Baby Food on the Planet, telling us how feed babies in a healthy way while on the road;
- Ranger Randy Sarton, Florida-certified master naturalist for the Ritz-Carlton, Naples, speaking about the animals on property and how kids can participate in the Nature’s Wonders experience.
As always, Peter will be taking your calls and answering your travel problems on the air! Call in with your travel questions at 1-888-88-PETER (1-888-887-3837) or email email@example.com. (Write “ASK PETER” in the subject line.)