American Airlines is working to expand its social network by giving 100 to 100,000 miles to Facebookers who “like” the airline’s AAdvantage Facebook page.
To redeem the free miles, Facebook users need to like the company’s page and then enter their AA frequent-flier number to get miles.
However, the number of miles given out is different for each user. The promotion, which AA has dubbed the “Mystery Miles promotion,” can dole out a minimum of 100 miles and a maximum of 100,000 miles.
Social networkers have until March 31 to take advantage of the promotion,
The giveaway is meant to celebrate American’s launch of a Twitter and Facebook site dedicated to the company’s loyalty program. American is the only U.S. airline to use social media with frequent fliers. They hope it will encourage fliers to increase their mileage balance.
Facebook is quickly becoming the go-to networking platform for the airlines. Last year, Delta launched a program on Facebook that allowed the users to purchase tickets through Facebook.
By Adriana Padilla for PeterGreenberg.com.
Related Links: USA Today
Related Links on PeterGreenberg.com:
- Air Travel News – Airlines & Airport section
- Book Flights Through Facebook: Delta Launches New App
- Travel Technology – Gadgets & Gear section
- Privacy Is Dead, Let Google, Facebook Take Over For TSA
- Helpful Smartphone Applications For Travelers
- Travel Tech: How Smartphones Are Changing Travel