What’s the best thing about spring break being over? The huge discounts that properties and destinations are rolling out to attract more business. If you didn’t get a chance to go anywhere for spring break this year, there’s still time to plan for your summer getaway. Here are the best post-season offers from this year’s top spring break destinations.
1. St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands
The Bolongo Bay Beach Resort in St. Thomas is a flip-flop casual resort. With 62 true beachfront rooms, Bolongo is offering nearly a 30 percent savings on a five-night summer vacation package at $1,579 for two people that includes:
- An oceanview room for two
- $110 credit to use for sail trips on Bolongo’s 53 catamaran Heavenly Days
- $75 credit at The Lobster Grille
- Complimentary non-motorized water sports, including snorkel gear, kayaks Hobie cats, stand up paddle boards and more
- Complimentary Discover Scuba Dive in-pool lesson
- Playa Grande Resort & Grand Spa (Cabo San Lucas, Mexico), four-star hotel, offering deals starting at $184 per person, per night.
- The Westin Resort & Spa Cancun (Cancun, Mexico), four-star hotel, offering deals starting at $109 per person, per night.
- Barcelo Puerto Plata All-Inclusive (Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic), three-and-half star hotel, offering deals starting at $101 per person, per night.
- Hilton Ponce Golf Club & Casino Resort (Puerto Rico), three and half star hotel offering deals starting at $144 per person, per night.
To experience a “Spring Fling” call (800) 421-8001. The discount runs from March 31, 2013 to May 31, 2013.
5. Vacation Like a VIP in Fort Lauderdale
In Fort Lauderdale, the deals start when the spring break crowds clear out. From May 1 to September 30, 2013, you can take advantage of The Vacation Like a VIP package that runs at hotels in the Lauderdale Luxe Collection.
Vacationing like a VIP gets you a room upgrade, complimentary valet parking, a $25 American Express gift card and $100 resort credit. Guests also get a Super Summer Savings 2-for-1 card that offers up to $200 discounts to watersports, nature activities, boating, local museums, golf and spa treatments.
The Lauderdale Luxe Collection includes discounts at The Atlantic Resort & Spa (rates from $179 a night), the Bonaventure resort & spa (rates from $109 a night) and the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort (rates from $149 a night)
Two night stays are required. To book, go to www.sunny.org/vip.
6. The All-New Legoland California Hotel
It’s less than two weeks away from the opening of the LEGOLAND Hotel at the LEGOLAND California Resort. If you book before March 31, for stays between April 8 – June 20, 2013, you can receive up to two free 2-Day Child Hopper tickets and two children’s breakfasts.
Guests can choose a Pirate, Kingdom or Adventure LEGO-themed room. In addition, there is an interactive LEGO features throughout the hotel. Plus guests can have early access to the park and nightly children’s entertainment.
To book, call 877-534-6526 and mention code: PRMWKF.
For more travel deals, check out:
- Travel Deals: The Top Six Spring Sales
- Warm Weather Breaks and Family Getaways
- Travel Deals: Spring Fever & Summer Savings
- Our daily travel deals archives
By Irene Moore for PeterGreenberg.com