Travelers to Australia from the US often start in Sydney or Melbourne, but don’t venture further. This year, you’ll save by hitting the Outback.
Outback Your Way has worked with select tour operators to put together travel packages with savings up to $530.
There are several package options, but don’t miss the Ghan Gold service. This legendary train takes you from Darwin to Alice Springs. If you book six months in advance, you can save $500 off the regular rate of $2,177. The Ghan package now runs $1,650 per person, double occupancy, and includes:
- Gold Service on the Ghan between Darwin and Alice Springs,
- Two nights’ accommodation in Darwin
- Two nights’ accommodation in Alice Springs
- Complimentary off-train excursion in the Katherine Gorge,
- Indigenous Wildlife Spectacular Tour
- Complimentary tour of Alice Springs
- Tour of West MacDonnell Ranges