Today Peter Greenberg Worldwide broadcast from L’Ermitage Beverly Hills. On the air, you probably heard Peter talk with Benjamin Dayag, Chef de Cusine of Livello, who has put together a menu that marries Italian and Asian flavors.
If Peter’s interview with the chef has you salivating, make your own fusion mash-up with this Tuna Crudo recipe:
3 ounces big-eye tuna, or the freshest tuna available
1 each mini tangerine, cut into supremes
Mitzuba or flat leaf parsley
Ginger Crumble Recipe
3/4 cup bread flour
1/2 cup almond flour
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
1 tablespoon grated ginger
1 tablespoon ginger powder
1.5 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons yuzu juice
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 teaspoon black truffle oil
1/3 cup grapeseed oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Ginger Crumble Method:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Place all ingredients except butter in a robot coupe and pulse to mix evenly.
3. Slowly add the butter to the mix until a dough forms.
4. Roll dough out to 1/8 of an inch thick.
5. Bake dough for 18 minutes until golden brown.
7. Cool dough and pulse in robot coupe until crumble forms.
Yuzu-Truffle Vinaigrette Method:
1. Mix all ingredients except grapeseed oil together in a bowl with a whisk.
2. Slowly add oil into mix until emulsified together.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
Thinly slice tuna and place in a line on the plate.
Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of crumble onto tuna.
Place tangerine supremes next to the crumble.
Spoon a tablespoon of vinaigrette onto tuna.
Top with mitzuba and sea salt.
By Benjamin Dayag for PeterGreenberg.com