On air this morning on Peter Greenberg Worldwide, Chef Luke Daniel Maguire introduced one of his signature dishes at Amos Mosquito’s in Atlantic Beach, North Carolina. Come back each Saturday for a different signature dish from the chefs that Peter meets on his travels.
Head to North Carolina’s Crystal Coast to test out these scallops or make them at home this weekend.
Ingredients: 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs, 3/4 cup crushed saltine crackers, 1/2 cup melted butter, 1 1/2 pounds sea scallops, 1 tsp onion powder, 3/4 teaspoon sale, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 1 cup Parmesan cheese, 1 cup Half & Half
Recipe: Serves 4-6 people
- Blend bread crumbs and cracker crumbs in food processor and blend well. With motor running drizzle in the butter. Set aside.
- Rinse the scallops and pat them dry. Season with the onion powder, salt and pepper mixing them well so spices are evenly distributed.
- Add the bread crumb mixture and parmesan cheese to the scallops and toss together until all is evenly distributed.
- Transfer to an 8×8 baking dish and pour ½ and ½ over the top.
- Bake at 375 in a non-convection oven for 20-25 minutes. Scallops should be firm and spongy to the touch, not hard, and the casserole should be bubbly around the edges.
- If using a convection oven bake at 350 and check at 20 minutes for doneness.
- This may be made into 4 individual casseroles: At step 4 simply use individual dishes and divide the ½ and ½ among them equally. Check for doneness after 10 minutes.
By Peter Greenberg for PeterGreenberg.com