On air this morning on Peter Greenberg Worldwide, Chef George Fistrovich showcased one of his signature dishes for fall. Come back each Saturday for a different signature dish from the chefs that Peter meets on his travels.
Peter’s most recent book, The Best Places for Everything–-available now at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Indiebound and your local bookstore– has a whole chapter of his favorites from all around the world.
Executive Chef George Fistrovich of The Ritz-Carlton, Naples has put together a seasonal corn bisque. Try it on his fall menu or make it at home.
- 6 each fresh corn roasted & cleaned
- ½ yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 qt. chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 oz. vermouth
- 2 Tbsps. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rub corn with olive oil, salt, and pepper
- Sweat, dice onion and clean garlic together with roasted corn
- Add seasoning and bay leafs
- Add vermouth reduce by ¾ , add chicken stock
- Cook until the soup develops good flavor, about 1/3 reduce
- Add cream bring to a boil, and cook an additional 8 minutes
- Puree in blender until smooth. Adjust seasoning to taste.
By Chef George Fistrovich for PeterGreenberg.com