Click here to see your week 2 submissions and email new entries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congratulations to Sharon Miceli, our week one winner, for her photo of Moto Tapu, Bora Bora. So many travels are inspired by the images in glossy magazines and we’re so proud of Sharon for getting out there and living her dream. Sharon is taking home a year’s subscription to AFAR magazine, which is sure to provide her with many more trips to dream about. Also, as one of the four finalists, she’ll also be eligible for our grand-prize give away.
Before announcing our week two contest, we wanted to give honorable mention to some photos that also left strong impressions.
- For Best Photo of Animals, we’d like to honor Maxine Greenspan for her photo’s ‘Thailand’ and ‘Mom and Kids in Bali’ along with Bob Willis for his photo ‘Orca in Alaskan waters, Stephen Passage.’
- The Best Display of Emotion goes to Kim Fyfe for ‘Snowboarding Big Sky,’ we’re glad you got back up after that fall. To Sharon Boyle for ‘Just Before Getting on the Bus to Machu Picchu,’ you did it Sharon!
- The Most Caring Travel Photographer has to be Ashlee Lenzi for capturing a beautiful moment of another family in Xi’an China and sharing the photo with them.
- The Best Image of Local Tradition came from Paul Carter Deaton for ‘Solomon’s Market.’
- Our favorite ‘Proud to be Here’ photos came from Delilah Bonnert for ‘Making a Wish Come True’ and Traci L. Suppa for ‘The Boy at the Entrance,” both couldn’t look happier.
Congratulations to everyone who entered in week one. And be sure to send in your entries to be in the running for the week two challenge:
To win this week’s contest and 1-year subscription to AFAR show us the photos you took when you got lost. Often the best travel experiences come from when plan a goes wrong, plan b doesn’t work and suddenly you’re off on a new adventure. Whether it’s a funny face, a new discovery, or a map drenched in tears, show us the adventures and discoveries that happen when you got lost on the road.
Note: Each entrant represents and warrants that the photo: (a) is his/her original work, and (b) does not violate the copyright of any third party. By entering, each entrant grants the right to use his/her photo entry, in whole or in part, with no compensation due to the entrant, in perpetuity, in all manner or media we may do to promote this photography contest. However, you will retain the copyright to your photo(s) and we will not sell your photo(s).
By Naomi Kahlon for Petergreenberg.com