Gas prices are getting up to $5 a gallon, so you might think a road trip is impossible. Think again! Across the country, you can go still go on vacation with just one tank of gas.
Peter joined Rebecca Jarvis on CBS This Morning to share his favorite on- tank trips. Did you know that in California you can go from San Francisco to Sonoma on less than a tank? Across the country in New York, you can go up from the city to Beacon New York with stops at farms and antique stores along the way. Plus, there are trips originating from Florida and Chicago.
That’s just the start. If you’re looking for more one tank trips, check out Peter’s latest book, New Rules of the Road, available in paperback, Kindle and Nook editions. With this handy tool, you won’t just save money at the pump. You’ll also learn:
- The best day (and time) to buy airline tickets
- How to find last-minute cruise deals
- Playing the frequent-flier mile game
- Free activities in more than 30 cities
For more one tank trips ideas, check out:
- Peter’s video tip, One Tank Trips
- the Travel Planning & Car Rental archives
- One Tank Trips from Raleigh, North Carolina, Los Angeles, Vermont, Montana