This Saturday, June 19, 2010, Peter will tackle the topic of the oil spill and tourism live from the field as he broadcasts his radio show from The Hangout in Gulf Shores, Alabama.
Featured guests include:
- Jean Michel Cousteau, son of ocean explorer Jacques-Yves Cousteau, discussing the state of our waters and ocean conservation;
- Orange Beach Mayor Tony Kennon & Gulf Shores Mayor Protem Carolyn Doughty on how the oil spill is affecting their shores;
- Kerry Sanders, NBC News correspondent, talking about the latest issues on the Gulf Shores;
- Peter King, CBS News correspondent and principal reporter covering NASA and the space shuttle program;
- Mike Foster and Cristyne Nicholas breaking the latest news about the Gulf Shore and oil spill crisis management;
- Mike Reynolds, the unofficial “Turtle Tsar” of Gulf Shores, Alabama and the founder of Share the Beach, describing how the oil is directly affecting the turtle population;
- Captain Rasmussen from the Naval Air Museum in Pensacola, Florida;
- Tom Ingram, Executive Director of the Diving Equipment & Marketing Association, talking about how the recreational scuba diving community can also participate in helping to protect their dive sites and assist in the clean up;
- Roger Dow, President and CEO of US Travel Association, explaining how the travel industry and the Obama Administration is responding to the Gulf Coast crisis;
- Tommy Lee, festival chairman of the 6th Annual Gulf Coast Hot Air Balloon Festival, chatting about the festival’s origins and what to expect this year;
- Rebecca Wilson, former television anchor, talking about off-the-beaten path activities in Gulf Shores, Alabama;
- Inga Jelescheff, the senior director of operations for the Preparedness, Health and Safety Services Division of the American Red Cross, giving advice about emergency preparedness for flash flooding;
- Jeanenne Tornatore of Orbitz.com, speaking about the Open Beach Guarantee which guarantees refunds on Florida hotel reservations if the beaches are closed due to the oil spill;
- Patti Hall, Director of Alabama Gulf Coast Zoo, conversing about what’s happening at the zoo these days.
Call in with your travel questions at 1-888-88-PETER (1-888-887-3837) on Saturday 10 a.m.-1 p.m. ET, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please write “ASK PETER” in the subject line.)
Check out previous shows in our Radio Archives here.