When was the last time you thought about how much sleep your pilot had? Or how much training the air traffic controller had? Or where the airplane got its last tune-up?
Statistically, the United States is enjoying the safest skies in aviation history.
But how safe is air travel in a struggling economy?
In the investigative series, “Where America Stands,” CBS News Travel Editor Peter Greenberg a hard look at airline safety in the year since the crash of Continental Flight 3407.
Watch the video here:
Related links on PeterGreenberg.com:
- Buffalo Crash Probe Raises Training, Safety Questions About Regional Flights
- Greg Feith, Former NTSB Investigator, Weighs In on Buffalo Crash
- FAA Fatigue Rules, Flight 3407, Air France, Swine Flu and Magic Italy
- Bill Boosts Pilot Training Requirements, But Will It Make Skies Safer?
- Former NTSB Top Brass Discusses Buffalo Crash Investigation
- Plane Crashes section